Why did you decide on construction as your career?
When I was 3 years old my parents bought a 100 year old Victorian Home that was in need of a great deal of work (we had racoons living in my bedroom ceiling). Throughout my childhood my father rehabbed our home and I was always by his side trying to help and spend time with him. His passion for doing quality work and always finding a way to solve very difficult problems was something that has always stuck with me.
What did you do in your career prior to this and how did it lead you to VBC?
After graduating from the University of Delaware with a Degree in Marketing and Economics I worked for Bank of America. After realizing that this was not the career path for me I decided to start a construction company. I began rehabbing old homes and designing custom kitchen and bathrooms. This progressed into new construction stick framed houses and then I met Vaughan.
How did your relationship with VBC happen?
I was rehabbing a few multi family projects for a customer who VBC was building a modular triplex for. Vaughan was going to visit his family in Australia immediately after the building was set. The customer and Vaughan asked me to finish the building. I was happy to try this new process and have been grateful I was given the opportunity.
What is it about what VBC/JB does that excites you?
- Getting up every day knowing where VBC/JB started, how far we have come, and being a part of where we are going.
- Seeing the production line at the factory full!
- Playing with big cranes!
What do you see the future bringing for the business & industry?
I see VBC and JB growing to the point that they are the one-stop-shop for commercial modular construction, changing the way commercial construction is done in the United States.
What do you do with your spare time?
- Spending time with my 4 children, Connor age 11, Nora age 9, Simon age 7, and Nolen age 4.
- Being a 4 for 4 Philadelphia sports fan, Eagles (season ticket holder for 20 years), Sixers, Phillies, and Flyers!!!
- Appreciating my wife, Denise, who inspires and supports me to follow my dreams, which allows me to put everything that I have into VBC.
Favorite movie and movie quote?
Favorite movie: True Romance
Favorite movie quote: “You’re killin’ me, Smalls” Sandlot
What song comes on the radio with which you can’t help but sing along?